The 16th meeting in the CBMTS series:
List of Abstracts and Papers to date for CBMTS-Industry VI
"Fifth World Congress on Chemical, Biological and Radiological Terrorism"
5 through 10 April 2009
Names of Abstracts received to date:
(Please recognize that several of the proposed presenters with their presentations may not be able to participate because of funding and other issues)
(family name, given name - country)
- Adams, Steven - US "Overview of the US Strategic National Stockpile"
- Anttalainen, Osmo - Finland "Mobile Gamma Spectrometry with Remote Data Analysis"
- Aue, Walter - Switzerland "Covering Sources of Toxic Vapors with Foams"
- Benkovic, Zeljko - Croatia "Security and Health Protection During the Transport of Hazardous Substances"
- Benkovic, Zeljko - Croatia "Hazardous Substances Shipping at Inland Water Harbors"
- Bauer, Timothy - US "Chemical Toxicity Approach for Emergency Response"
- Bokan, Slavko - Croatia "Explosive Developments in Biotechnology and the Role of BTWC in Strengthening a Global Biosecurity / Biosafety"
- Bokan, Slavko - Croatia "An Integrated Approach to Risk Assessment and Mitigating the CBRN Threat"
- Borron, Stephen - US "The Role of Poison Control Centers in CBRN Incidents"
- Castulik, Pavel - Czech Republic "Chemical Sensing Underclothing System for Testing of PPE"
- Castulik, Pavel - Czech Republic "Urgent Medical Response in CBR Incidents"
- Chelidze, Lia - Georgia "Implementing the Strengthened Non-Proliferation Regime in Georgia"
- Cizmek, Ankica - Croatia "The Role of Nuclear Suppliers Group in Preventing the Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons"
- DeBell, Robert - US "The Future of Emerging Disease"
- Dizaye, Kawa - Iraq "Long-term effects of chemical weapons on health in Kurdistan of Iraq"
- Dunaytsev, Igor - Russia "The Characteristics of Exosporium Antigens from Different Vaccine Strains of Bacillius Anthracis"
- Dunaytsev, Igor - Russia "The Search and Identification of New Immuno Diagnostic Targets of Bacillus Anthracis Spore"
- Eifried, Gary - US "What About the Animals? Dealing with Working Dogs, Pets and Other Animals During Terrorism Incidents and Disasters"
- Emadi, Nasser - Kenya "Malignant cutaneous T-cell lymphoma among 1100 Iranian victims, 2 decades after exposure to Sulfur Mustard: A long term investigation"
- Feghali, Nayla - Canada "RSDL: New Research, Approvals and Indications for Use"
- Furukawa, Katsuhisa - Japan "The Case of Aum Shinrikyo's WMD Terrorism and Japan's Counter-Measures for WMD Terrorism"
- Hadjamberdiev, Igor - Kyrgyzstan "A Large Industrial Pollution Problem on the Kyrgyzstan-Uzbekistan Border: Soviet production of mercury and stibium (antimony) for the Soviet Military"
- Hart, John - Sweden "Sea-Dumped CW Munitions - The European Component"
- Hincal, Filiz - Turkey "Immunogenicity of Biopharmaceuticals and Biosimilars in relation to Storage, Handling and Stability"
- Horvatic, Mario - Croatia "Nuclear Safety Regulations in Republic of Croatia"
- Iwuoha, Emmanuel - South Africa "Electrochemical Nanobiosensor Alarm Devices for the Determination of Endocrine Disruptor Agents"
- Jacevic, Vesna - Serbia "Dose Response Toxic Effects of Different Oximes In Vivo: Pathohistological Evaluation"
- Jones, Steven - Canada "Exercising Multi-Jurisdictional Responses to Bioterrorism in Canada"
- Jutro, Peter - US "Strategic Approaches to CBRN Decontamination Research Design and Investment"
- Kalantari, Heibatullah - Iran "Antidotal Effect of Varthemia Persica DC Extract in Organophosphate Poisoning or Warfare Agents by Measuring Whole Blood AChE"
- Kaonga, Kennedy - Zambia "Exposure to Formaldehyde: A Challenge of Occupational Health Significance"
- Kaszeta, Dan - UK "VIP Protection from CBRN Hazards"
- Katzung, Walter - Germany "MDS G(N) Fast Differentiation between Natural and Artificial Gamma Radiation with a new Class of Mobile Instruments"
- Klicek, Miljenka - Croatia "SEVESO II Directive in Prevention and Mitigation of Consequences of Chemical Terrorism"
- Korkmaz, Ahmet - Turkey "Epigenetic Perturbations in the Pathogenesis of Mustard Toxicity; Hypothesis and Preliminary Results"
- Kovarik, Zrinka - Croatia "Native and Tabun-Inhibited Cholinesterase Interactions with Oximes"
- Kraatz-Wadsack, Gabriele - UN "Preparing for and implementing the UN Secretary-General's mechanism on alleged use investigation for Biological Weapons"
- Krajinovic, Lidija - Croatia "Biosafety Level 3 Facility: Essential Infrastructure in Biodefense Strategy in the Republic of Croatia"
- Kuca, Kamil - Czech Republic "Development of New Czech Autoinjector with Oxime HI-6 DMS"
- Kuca, Kamil - Czech Republic "Searching for the Universal Reactivator for Treatment of Pesticide Poisonings"
- Kutateladze, Mzia - Georgia "Phages for Detection of Bacterial Pathogens"
- Magadula, Joseph - Tanzania "Exposure to different toxic chemicals: A Threat to Environment and Human Health in Mining Sites in Tanzania"
- Medema, Jan - Netherlands "Protective Measures While Treating CWA Casualties"
- Medema, Jan - Netherlands "Consequences of a Changing CBRN Threat"
- Mishra, K. P. - India "New Strategies on Biomedical Approaches for Developing Countermeasures Against Radiation and Nuclear Emergencies"
- Musilek, Kamil - Czech Republic "Research of Small Quaternary AChE Inhibitors as Pretreatment of OP Poisoning"
- Myers, Todd - US "Behavioral Effects of Nerve Agents: Laboratory Animal Models"
- Ondicho, Joyce - Kenya "Antimicrobial activity of the root, stem bark and seed extracts of Moringa oleifera Lam"
- Pivovarov, Alexander - Ukraine "Aqueous Media Treatment and Decontamination of Hazardous Chemical and Biological Substances by Contact Plasma"
- Price, Barbara B. - US "The Journal of Medical Chemical, Biological and Radiological Defense: An Update"
- Rao, Venkat - US "Converging Requirements and Emerging Challenges to Public Health Disease Surveillance and Biosurveillance"
- Reshetin, Vladimir - Belarus "Mobile System for Radiation Reconnaissance after Terrorist Attack"
- Ryabchikova, Elena - Russia "Features of Pathology in Mice Experimentally Infected with Highly Pathogenic H5N1 Influenza Virus"
- Samihardjo, Isroil - Indonesia "Progress in the Implementation of Biosecurity and Biosafety Procedures in Indonesia"
- Samihardjo, Isroil - Indonesia "CBRNE doctrine and tactics, organization, equipment, logistics, and standard procedures from Indonesian perspectives"
- Savov, Entcho - Bulgaria "Transborder Cooperation on the Protection, Surveillance, and Control of Endemic Diseases"
- Skinner, Lars - US "Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs) as Asymmetric Weapons: The Design Basis Threat"
- Smith, Darrin - US "Incident Command Linkup: The Vital Key for CBRN Response"
- Speakman, Philip - UK "Recombinant Butyrylcholinesterase (rBuChE) Therapy following VX Poisoning by the Percutaneous Route: Preliminary Studies"
- Stan, Constantin - Romania "In Vivo Identical Reversibility of Rad-Bio-Chem Lesions in Blood, Bone Marrow, Liver, Endocrine System and on the Whole Body"
- Stienstra, Stef - Netherlands "The use of Anthrax and Orthopox Therapeutic Antibodies from Human Origin in Biodefense"
- Stipetic, Davor - Croatia “What Are the Risks of WMD by Organized Crime in Southeast Europe”
- Taleski, Vaso - Macedonia "Francisella tularensis - Potential Biological Agent"
- Trifunovic, Dejan - Croatia "Dirty Bombs: Assessment of Radiological Impacts"
- Trudil, David - US "Phage and phage lytic enzymes"
- Ward, M.C. - US "Development of an Operational Waterborne Weaponized Chemical Agent Transport Modeling Capability"
- Whitcomb, Robert - US "Novel Approaches to Support Medical Countermeasure Response to Radiological or Nerve Agent Events"
- Wu, Aiguo - US "The Hazard Prediction Analysis Code: dispersion of bioaerosols"
- Yaren, Hakan - Turkey "Comparing the Therapeutic Efficiency of Aminoguanidine and 3 Aminobenzamide in Lung and Intestine Toxicity Caused by Nitrogen Mustard in Rats"
Countries/International Organizations represented (32) with proposed presentations and/or delegations to the CBMTS Industry VI date:
- Czech Republic
- South Africa
- The UN
- The OPCW
Updated by Saunders Enterprise, 11 March, 2009
Copyright©2009, ASA Inc. All rights reserved.